Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Political Thoughts on My Mind

Today I want to throw out a few things that caught my attention lately.

Bipartisan

I want to discuss the word bipartisan. On Dictionary.com you find the word defined as "representing, characterized by, or including members from two parties". Breaking down into easier terms, bipartisan is a consensus of at least two groups.

I am really concerned with the government educated politicians in Washington who believe that only three Republican Senators represents a consensus. I wonder how proud their teachers are?

White House Dirt Digger

Yes, you read it right. The White House has appointed a young woman whose only job is to dig up dirt on anyone who opposes PREBO's (or POTUS - depending on who you listen to) policies. That's her background - dirt digging.

So if you oppose President Obama, you are probably on the watch list. I wonder if I made the list with my little ole blog here? Not likely.

Census Results

I read on Neal Boortz's "nuze" yesterday that the census originates in the U. S. Constitution in Article I. Article I deals with the legislative branch. How did the Executive branch take power over this? Is this constitutional or legal?

I looked it up and yes, you see in the first few paragraphs of Article I how the legislative branch (meaning Congress) was honored with this task.

Could it be that the Executive Branch "executes" the laws created by Congress? I would love to understand this more.

Las Vegas

I have never been there and do not have plans on going there. Their mayor is demanding an apology from President Obama for calling out executives who travel there on public money in order to hold conventions.

I am torn here. I think the execs need to do what ever necessary to begin to become prosperous again. That's the only way they will be able to pay us back. I am completely against nationalizing our economy. We should not be having this conversation right now.

But why travel to Las Vegas? Isn't New York big enough for conventions? Or are there not enough prostitutes and strippers for them?

No comments: