Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Troubled Economic Bailout or Rescue

Here's the problem. I was listening to Senator Lamar Alexander this morning and he repeats what everyone in Congress seems to be repeating: People can't get this loan or that loan or pay that bill or this bill.

Example 1: The Car Loan

The Congress says people cannot get car loans. What kind of car loan are they trying to get? Are they not trying to save up a down payment? Do they need the more expensive vehicle? Why can't they get a used car? Why not buy a KIA over a Luxury car?

Example 2: The Student Loan

They say parent's cannot get student loans for their kids. I do not know about you, but I paid cash for my education. I did a really weird thing called - get a job and pay for it.

Example 3: the Home Loan

They say that people cannot get a home loan. How much does that home cost? Why can't they try for a smaller, more affordable home? Why not set aside money for about ten to fifteen years for a strong down payment? I understand every situation is different, and then again, some people cannot afford a home.


Here are the questions I cannot get answered (I am emailing numerous people):
  1. How much is this bailout going to really cost us? We have already paid out $600 Billion.
  2. What is this going to do to the value of the dollar?
  3. If our country is in debt, then where is this money going to come from? International loans?
  4. Why is this the only way?
So if you have the answers, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's talk about it.

No comments: