Monday, August 18, 2008

Trickle Down What?

As you try to study something there are times you come across questions you cannot answer.

I am hoping that other FairTax supporters will chime in. I came across this thought while I was reading Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men - One Message by Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump.

According to Robert and Donald, the rich choose to invest their money in assets such as business and real estate and other adventures outside the country. How does that affect the "trickle down" effect of the FairTax?

The more I think about it and the more I read about it, I see that much of their investment is made in real estate and business. So taxed or not the money they put into real estate creates new business while generating wealth for themselves.

Maybe I am just musing today. I still believe in the FairTax, especially compared to the utter failure of our current tax structure which allows corporations and the government to steal from our investments and create a seemingly insurmountable federal debt.

Entitlements Attitude

One thing I have gleaned from the book is that most of our entitlement attitude that is driving the destruction of our economy is due to our current tax system.

The FairTax gets rid of the Social Security and Medicare deductions from everyone's paycheck. This hopefully will encourage people to start investing and saving wisely.

By The Way

If you haven't read the book, Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men - One Message, then you may want to read it even if you just read the first part. Everything they mentioned two years ago about our economy and oil prices is happening now!

No comments: