Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Is Here Again - yelp!

I turned in my taxes several weeks ago. Yesterday, I received my first return. I am still waiting on the state.

{sarcasm warning} For a million other people, however, there is a scramble to get their taxes done, as if April 15th just appeared on their calendar yesterday. I hate it when annual days sneak up on me, don't you? I mean whoever expected April 15th to appear on April 15th. Like Christmas. Who would ever think that it appears on December 25th, and I have a year to get ready for it and save for it? And July 4th on July 4th? {sarcasm end}

Well, if you don't have you taxes done, you still have time. Limited time, but time.

The big news for the day are the over 500 tax rallies being held throughout the United States. If you have a chance, then drop by one near you. I hear of numerous ones in Atlanta, GA, Loganville, GA, Columbia, S.C., New York, New Jersey, Texas, Sacramento, CA, and countless others. I name only the ones I have heard about but you can go here to see if there might be a rally near you: Tax Day Tea Party

Consider the FairTax as you file or watch others panic to file today. If the FairTax passed you would not have to keep this day on the calendar. In fact, April 15th would become just another day to enjoy life instead of creating undue stress and depression.

Besides,
  • With the FairTax you decide when and how you will pay your taxes.
  • With the FairTax everyone will get a very fair tax prebate so the poor would no longer pay taxes and the wealthy would not feel left out.
  • With the FairTax, pork barrel spending would have to end because Congress would actually have to pay attention to the budget or face the voters.
  • With the FairTax, Congress will actually have to cut spending and "try" to become more fiscally responsible (or is that an oxymoron).
  • With the FairTax, the IRS will be abolished (or you could turn them into hounds to go after black market cheats).
  • With the FairTax, Congress will be held to a set tax maximum (23%). They will not be able to raise taxes at will.
Go to a rally today and let your voice be heard. Sign the FairTax petition.

Here is a song by a great American - Lloyd Marcus

No comments: