Saturday, July 25, 2009

Have a Beer and a Smile

I think our president has a new motto, "Have a Beer and a Smile." That's his answer to everything.

"You disagree with my policies - come over on Wednesday and have a rum punch or two. I disrespect you and can't say I am sorry, then come over to the house and have a beer or two. You don't like how I am doing my job, come over let me get you drunk enough to see my side of things...."

Is that what he said to the Middle East, "Have a drink on me, I'm sorry for my country"? Is that how he approached Russia, "Vodka shots for everyone, and oh, by the way, my country didn't know what it was doing"?

Maybe that is the real answer to our "apparent" threats. "Hello, Pyongyang? Yes, the President of the United States wants to wipe the slate clean before your leader dies from stupidity. He would like to have you meet him at the local pub and discuss our differences...Yes, he will have an entourage with him, but he'll be paying his way...."

Or how about Osama bin Losing-lately, "Hello Osama, it's Hussein. Yeah, I would like to set up a drinking party so we can end this problem that has bloomed between us. No, no, it's not byob. I am buying."

Does he really get the point? Or is negotiating while drunk a more enamoured way of saying what you mean?

And why is he so huffy about how government is spending money anyway? Isn't he getting ready to "pay" his way on a $40,000 a week vacation? I was wondering if he also paid for the date to Broadway? I think the bill for that date alone should have cost America about $500,000.

Maybe he is angry that the Social Security Administration spent his vacation money. I mean, there can't be that much money left in the empty vault of the federal government.

At least he can still afford the beer.

Here's the point. Drinking it up is the best way to look interested but not have to be overly involved. Spending ridiculous amounts of taxpayer dollars is a great way to make oneself look unworried, especially if you have the destruction of our economy in mind.

So let me ask:
  • Why doesn't Nancy Pelosi get criticized for her private jet to nowhere? Isn't she in charge of the House? Don't all money bills start in the House? Obviously, she hasn't done her job like the CEOs of the failed Wall Street banks and GM and Chrysler. They lost their jobs and benefits, so why does she still get the perks?
  • When Congress bullies this death care package on us, will they also be forced to use it?
  • If cap and trade does pass, who is going to put a cap on the pollution coming out of capital hill?
  • When the Democrats finally break us, will Europe finally accept us? Will their opinion of us finally mean something?
Beer is on the President. But don't look to him for discussion, he has a vacation to pay for.

No comments: